- Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling 01274 683331, if possible before 10.00am. Should you request a home visit after 10.00am, a message will be passed to the on call clinician who will then telephone you to triage the situation.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls.
Criteria for Home Visits
- Home visits are reserved for patients who are genuinely housebound and who do not leave the house for any reason. Including those in residential and nursing homes.
- We will visit only if the patient’s clinical condition prevents them from travelling to the surgery and they are deemed to have a medical condition that necessitates an urgent medical opinion.
- Age is not a criterion for a home visit, the criteria applies to both older and younger people.
- Home visits will not be undertaken for social / transport reasons.
- The clinician may refuse to visit the patient and offer an urgent appointment at the surgery if he/she feels that is more appropriate.
- We will not be able to offer home visits to anyone who is registered at our surgery and living outside of our boundary. Should you live outside of the boundary you will be asked to sign a consent form to confirm that you understand this.