- All consultations at the Surgery are by appointment only, are generally scheduled to last 10 minutes and are subject to availability.
- We offer pre-bookable appointments Monday-Friday both in the morning and afternoon which are pre-booked up to one week in advance.
- In addition to the pre-bookable appointments we also offer appointments that can be booked online for up to one week in advance.
- Appointments can be made by telephoning the surgery on 01274 683331 or in person via our Reception. We do not accept appointment requests made via contact forms or email.
- Should you need to be seen on that day but there are no appointments available, please contact the surgery and we may be able to offer an urgent sit and wait consultation. Please note that these consultations are for medical emergencies only that cannot wait until the following working day. You will be advised of the time to arrive at the Surgery and you must be prepared to wait until the clinician is available to see you. Please be aware that should there be a cancellation you will be expected to be available to come to that appointment.
In order to allocate you to an appropriate clinician and to assist them in preparing for your consultation, you will be asked for a brief reason for your Appointment.
Please remember that our Reception teams have demanding roles dealing with every aspect of medical practice duties. Occasionally, due to patient demand, they work under difficult circumstances, so please be patient and help them to help you.
Advanced Practitioner Appointments
In a number of cases you might like to consult our Advanced Practitioner rather than a doctor. Advanced Practitioners are highly qualified to deal with many ailments, and they can prescribe medication and/or refer for further investigation. Please contact the surgery on 01274 683331 to make an Appointment.
Practice Nurse & Healthcare Assistant Appointments
Our Practice Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments can be booked up to four weeks in advance. Please contact the surgery on 01274 683331 to make a Practice Nurse or Healthcare Assistant appointment.
We are unable to offer these appointments online as all our Nurses and HCAs are skilled in different areas.
We want to reassure you about booking your appointment
Please remember that the GP you wish to consult with may not be working or may already have a full surgery in which case you will be offered an appointment with an alternative GP, however:
Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time for your appointment, and note that each Appointment is for one Patient and for only ten minutes. Please note children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult.
If you are kept waiting by the clinician there is always a good reason for this. Due to the nature of medical Practices, it could be that there have been a few patients before you that have taken more than the 10 minute allocated time, the clinician could be dealing with an emergency in the Surgery or had to make an emergency home visit. Please be patient under these circumstances, the next time it could be you who needs extra time or an urgent home visit.
Please phone 01274 683331 to book Appointments. Our telephone lines are open from 8.00am until 6.00pm. If you have given us your mobile phone number as a means of contacting you, you will receive confirmation of your appointment by text plus a text reminder for your appointment 24 hours before but please do not rely on the reminder being sent as the system gets updated regularly which can interfere with texts being sent out. If you do not wish to receive text reminders please contact us and we will deactivate this service for you.
Cancelling & rescheduling appointments
If you cannot attend your given Appointment please call us on 01274 683331 to cancel or reschedule. On average more than 85 people a month fail to turn up for their appointments without informing us. These slots could be put to good use and offered to another Patient, allowing the Doctors and Nurses to reduce any backlog of Patients and reduce waiting times. Please think of others when you can no longer attend or need a scheduled Appointment.
In cases of severe illness, infirmity or emergencies, the GP or Nurse will visit the Patient at home. However, where possible patients should make their way to the surgery to see their GP or Healthcare Professional as for every home visit a GP or Nurse makes they could see several Patients in the surgery.
If you are too ill to attend please call the Surgery before 10.00am if possible, as rounds have to be planned. You will be asked for a reason for the home visit so that we can judge the urgency of the call. The Doctor may phone before visiting to assess the urgency of the visit. To arrange a home visit please call the Practice on 01274 683331.
Receptionist Triage - our NEW Care Navigation system
When you telephone the Surgery to book an Appointment, the Receptionist will ask you what the problem is/what the appointment is for.
This is because the Receptionist has a number of alternative types of Appointments available and needs to offer you the most appropriate Appointment to deal with your problem. The most appropriate Appointment may be with a GP or perhaps your problem could be dealt with over the telephone. It is not always necessary to see a GP, we have Advanced Nurse Practitioners who can diagnose, prescribe and refer. We also have Practice Nurses, Healthcare Assistants, District Nurses and other Healthcare Professionals who may see you depending on the reason for the Appointment.
This system will make best use of the services available both at the practice and in the wider community, and by doing so will indirectly increase the number of available GP appointments, so that you can more easily secure this when it is necessary.
Extended Access to Primary Care Services for patients from 1ST OCTOBER 2018
EXTENDED ACCESS SERVICE – INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
This practice is part of the extended access service which provides GP, Physiotherapy, Nurse, and Healthcare Assistant appointments from the following locations (hubs) across Bradford:
- North Hub: Shipley Medical Practice, Alexandra Road, Shipley, Bradford BD18 3EG
- Central Hub: Picton Medical Centre, Westbourne Green Community Health Care Centre, Manningham, Bradford, BD8 8RA
- South Hub: The Ridge Medical Practice, Cousen Road, Bradford, BD7 3JX Evening appointments (6.30pm – 9.30pm) at any of the three hubs to see one of the following, subject to availability:
Evening appointments (6.30pm – 9.30pm) at any of the three hubs to see one of the following, subject to availability:
As a patient registered with this practice, you have access to the following:
- Health care assistant
- Voluntary sector services
Weekend appointments are available with a GP from 10.00am - 1.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays from the central hub, subject to availability.
More information about appointments with the extended access service
The service is run by Bradford Care Alliance, which represents all GP practices in the Bradford area. Medical appointments are with GPs and other Healthcare staff who work in the area; so your Appointment may not be with a clinician from this Practice.
To use the service we will ask for your consent to share your medical record and our Reception staff will explain what this means and why it is necessary. Click here to learn more about how and why we process your information. Further details of the services and location maps are available here.